Online – Privacy
We only collect data for legitimate processing interests, whereby we collect the data we need in order to carry out the service we offer. This includes details about your pets and your contact details. Your personal data can be removed at your request at any time. Other booking information, invoices etc have to be kept on file for seven years for tax reasons.
We store all your information name, address, contact telephone numbers, emails, etc on paper files and electronically in addition to any photos we take of your pet. If we hold a key we store the keys separately in a locked cabinet away from your personal information and they are only identifiable with only your pets name.
Please be reassured we never share any of your personal information with any one else.. We may use the photos we take on our website and on social media but they will not be identified with your personal details on.
When contacting us via the contact form online, please note this email is not encrypted or secure and it is a Hotmail account nor is contacting us by text..
Online – Log Files
Like many other Web sites, www.petassistanimalcare.co.uk makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Online – Cookies and Web Beacons
Terms and Conditions Home Visits
This is a copy of our Terms and Conditions of Business for Home visits and dog walking. You will receive a copy of these when you sign up with us.
- Payment secures your pets place slot in the diary. Full payment is due 2 weeks before the commencement of care, or the beginning of each care week. This payment is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled within 14 days of the commencement of care or cancelled during that care week. Christmas Eve and bank holidays are also not refundable at any time, when pre-booked. We only have limited spaces available, so when you book a place slot, you own that place, therefore if people cancel last minute, we cannot re-sell it. Hence why we do not refund booked places.
- If your pet is not there, at the booked time or we cannot gain access, you will still be charged for that call.
- Prices based on the radius of within 3 miles of South Cliff, Scarborough – petrol prices may be added depending on distance outside 3 miles radius.
- Food for the duration of Care, prescribed medication and other equipment, must be provided by the Owner/client.
- If Pet Assist Animal Care needs to purchase, any food or equipment for your pet then the owner must reimburse Pet Assist Animal Care for the full cost.
- We at Pet Assist Animal Care cannot give injections.
- We, reserve the right to make decisions regarding a pet ‘s health if reasonable efforts to reach the owner‘s emergency contact have failed and provided it is in the best interest of the pet and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon.
- The Owner/client shall be responsible for payment of vet fees, and/or other costs (e.g. food, medicines, transport) incurred on the pet’s behalf (if any) during the owner’s absence while your pet is in our care.
- Pet Assist Animal Care will not be solely responsible for any injury caused by other pets to your pets, or for any loss of your pet during the care of Pet Assist Animal Care, outside of our insurance limits.
- Pet Assist Animal Care will not be held responsible for your pets, while they are left alone in their own home, while you’re away and we are not present.
- While out walking your dogs, If we have trouble with a dog or If we consider a dog to be dangerous, aggressive, or uncontrollable, we will try to contact you, or your emergency contact and we will return the pet to your own home, with our without you present.
- or uncontrollable then if no other emergency contact is available then we have the right to place the dog in a suitable kennel, and all the costs will be payable by you.
- We at Pet Assist cannot be held liable to or responsible for either party or, your belongings, or your property.
- We at Pet Assist cannot be held solely liable in any way or held responsible for your pets for any loss, injury, or death, outside of our insurance limits. It is the owner’s responsibility to vaccinate their pets with the latest vaccine and keep them up to date.
- The Owner undertakes to reimburse any damage to the carer’s possessions that could not reasonably be anticipated or avoided from the information given on the registration form.
- If we hold Your key, it will be labelled with your pet’s name and kept in a locked cabinet, separate to your details. If you would like your key returning after the care period, we will need you to confirm you are home first.
- The owners signature is in agreement to these Terms & Conditions shall be valid for all subsequent bookings by the owner, and Pet Assist will be notified of any changes to pet information when making future bookings.
- CATS free-roaming –If you are happy for your cats to free roam outside during the care period, i.e. using a cat flap, or being locked out, then we cannot be held responsible for any injury, death or loss of the cat, during this time. If your pet does not appear when we come to do our visit, we cannot wait around for the pet to return home, outside of booked allocated time for your pet. (If you wish your cat to be allowed out Please tick box on the forms when you receive them). We advise cats should not be left to free-roam outside, in your absence, as they have a tendency to wander off, or may get injured.
- We do not share your information with anyone. If we hold Your key it will be labelled with only your pets name on and kept in a locked cabinet, separate to your details.
- DOGS – If an Owner/client requires a dog to be exercised off lead, the owner shall assume full responsibility in the event of any loss or injury to your pet, however, caused. If you give your permission for your dog to be exercised off the lead, Please tick the box on the forms when you receive them. Before going away it is advisable to inform your vet prior to care commencing that Pet Assist Animal Care will be caring for your pets in your absence. Please inform your vet to invoice you directly for any vet fees, that may occur during this time.
Boarding Terms and Conditions
This is a copy of our Terms and Conditions of Business for Boarding. You will receive a copy of these when you sign up with us.
- Payment secures your pets place and the booking in the diary.
- Booking in advance – full payment is due by 2 weeks before the care starts. Cancellations – made within 14 days of commencement of care starting, or during the care period are non-refundable.
- Christmas and new year bookings – payments are non-refundable if cancelled.
- If we come to collect or return your pet home and you are not in as arranged, full fee will be charged for our journey.
- If you do not turn up with your pet as arranged, then full charge for the full duration will be made.
- Food and bedding for the duration of Care, prescribed medication and other equipment, must be provided by the Owner/client. If Pet Assist Animal Care needs to purchase, any food, bedding or equipment for your pet then the owner must reimburse Pet Assist Animal Care for the full cost.
- We, reserve the right to make decisions regarding a pet ‘s health if reasonable efforts to reach the owner ‘s emergency contact have failed and provided it is in the best interest of the pet and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon.
- The Owner/client shall be responsible for payment of all vet fees, and/or other costs (e.g. food, medicines, transport) incurred on the pet’s behalf (if any) during the owner’s absence while your pet is in our care.
- Pet Assist Animal Care will not be held responsible for your pets while they are left alone in our premises while we are out, outside of our insurance limits. We will not be out for longer than half a day at any one time, and we will not be away from our premises overnight, while your pets are left in our care.
- We at Pet Assist cannot be held liable to or responsible for costs relating to damage to cages or damage to a vivarium or the breakdown of electrical components of the vivarium. If the lights or heaters breakdown then we will, do our best to replace the broken item but this cost will be reimbursed by the owner on their return. Should a pet die because of an electrical breakdown or a power cut then we will not be held liable.
- We at Pet Assist cannot be held solely liable in any way or held responsible for your pets for any loss, injury, or death, while in our care outside of our insurance limits.
- All rabbits must be fully vaccinated for VHD 1 and Myxomatosis. A copy of the certificate must be given prior to the time of boarding. It is advisable to vaccinate against all strains as advised by your vet.
- Pet Assist Animal Care will not be held solely responsible for any injury caused by other pets, our pets to your pets, outside of our insurance limits. The owner is aware that 7 cats, 3 small dogs reside at the premises where the care will take place. However, these pets are closely monitored and safety steps pot in place when around your pets.
- Complaints – In the first instance please contact Jane at Pet Assist Animal Care. Any data concerns please contact the ICO.
- We do not ask for birds, guinea pigs, rats, ferrets, chinchillas, hamsters etc. to be vaccinated when boarding. By signing these terms & conditions this absolves us of any responsibility, should your pet catch or suffer with, or die from any disease while boarding or after boarding at with us. We do take great care to clean & disinfect all areas between pets and while your pet is in our care.
- Before going away, it is advisable to inform your vet prior to care commencing, that we will be caring for your pets in your absence, and to invoice you (the owner) for any vet fees that may occur during this time.
- The owner signature and agreement to these Terms & Conditions shall be valid for all subsequent bookings by the owner, and Pet Assist will be notified of any changes to pet information when making future bookings.
Complying with GDPR
- In order to comply with GDPR you will be asked to sign the terms and conditions to give your consent for us to hold your personal information.
- We do keep your data for legitimate processing interests, and therefore is not required by law. Files have to be kept for tax reasons for a period of seven years.
- Storing your personal information on paper and/or electronically.
- Taking photos, storing them and sharing them on our web page or social media.
- Contacting you by phone, text or email regarding your pets, your booking or for marketing and offers.
- Complaints – In the first instance please contact Jane at Pet Assist Animal Care. Any data complaints contact the ICO.